HOTEL DE LA COURONNE
The house, with its prominent corner location, was known as early as the 15th Century. In 1584, it was owned by "Leurs Excellences de Berne“, and it was used as the vicarage together with the neighbouring house to the west, which used to house the St. Jean chapel. In 1671, it passed to the lord of Gaccon Castle, who settled here. From 1710 to 1713, the landlord, Daniel Sugnin, carried out the renovation of the building, probably according to the plans of the Bern architect, Abraham Dünz II (who was also working with the town on the church opposite). Since then it has been used as a hotel and restaurant, and it was finally fully renovated throughout in the 1990s. It was last redecorated in 2009.